Did anyone in the Bible ever get their promise without having to go through a time of testing and waiting? Anyone? Consider these people:
1. Moses ran away from Egypt and hid in the desert for 40 years before he became a deliverer. (Do you think he ever felt forgotten during those forty years?)
2. Joseph spent most of his young adult years in a prison or as a slave. I've often wondered if he sat in a dark prison sometimes wondering if maybe those dreams he dreamed were just a figment of his imagination. Who knows...but God didn't forget him and he became 2nd in command over Egypt.
3. King David didn't get to sit on the throne as soon as Samuel annointed him. After the annointing, he went back to being a shepherd boy in the desert. It took a severe time of testing and King Saul trying to kill him before David finally ruled over Israel. But because of all the testing he became a very kind and successful king.
4. Abraham and Sarah waited 25 years for their promised baby! Think that was easy? Think there was a little frustration along the way?
5. Jesus wanted us...you and me.....but to get us he had to overcome testing and the cross. But the reward was so worth it. He inherited us - his bride!
If you are frustrated today because you haven't found that special person yet...congratulations! You're in good company. Your going the same route as the Bible patriarchs and your reward WILL come. Your reward is proportionate to the testing you have had to endure. If it's been long and hard for you, just keep trusting God, your reward will be equally joyful and wonderful. Just be patient. He has not forgotten you. David said if we could count his thoughts toward us they would be more than the sands on the sea. That means today alone, God has thought about you millions of times already! He knows where you are!